The Pretty, The Intellegent, The Almighty...

A slacker's diary. A pretty, intelligent, almighty slacker's diary!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

New Family Members!

On Sat, 22 Sept, i brought home 2 new family members.. Two small, little lifes brought into my family with so much joy and anticipation. Zj accompanied my throughout and we're so thrilled about it! Sis kept messaging me and ask me how are things. Mum is at home waiting for their coming.

It is a sudden and hasty decision but we all know i'm long ready for it. Though Zj is a bit hestitant at first, but he soon gave in after knowing how much they meant to me. And finally, we're all mentally prepared for them. Zj and I stepped into the Pet Shop.

Pet shop? Yes, you didnt hear me wrong. It's Pet shop. Where else you buy your hamsters?

We bought 2 hamsters from different pet shop. Who cares about how fast a hamster can breed? I want to breed them! So it's a conscious decision to buy from 2 different pet shop so that chances of inbreeding is lower. (btw, inbreeding = breeding between siblings/child-and-parent aka incest). Inbreeding is very much discourage as it normally cause serious health problem to the new babies and ultimately, shorten their already-very-short lifespan.

The first hamster i bought was a 2 months+ male. We name him 乐乐! Then Zj and I went to another pet shop, wanting to buy a female hamster. But the shop keeper say their hamsters are too young to differentiate their gender. So i leave it fate and chose my ham ham. If it's a female, i'll breed them, if not, just too bad.

妮妮 was bought home then. Eh... Even though not sure, but after much gender examination by myself, Sis and Bro, we concluded that 妮妮 is a female. We're still afraid that the two of them will fight initially as ham ham normally dont get along well with 'strangers'. But surprisingly, 乐乐 and 妮妮 got along very well, even on first encounter! No fights at all! They played with each other, sniff through each other and sand bathe together.

I'm still not able to take clear photos of 妮妮 and 乐乐 as they're too fast for my camera. So i downloaded some pics of Pearl White Hamster (their species) and post it up for all to see... This is how they look like. Pure white fur with a black dorsal line on their back. Cute right??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home